Sunday, April 30, 2006

I lay back for a single instant of rest

...and an ant crawled across my face. a tiny whisper of spring and what is yet to come? I tried to save it --yelling all the way outside,i admit, but despite waving a sheet of paper outside, having created a mobius-strip ant carrier, it still fell on my bedroom floor when I came back. it died there too (me screaming, finally releasing essay tension and ant fear simultaneously) . and was promptly erased from other ant-sensors with borrowed tea-tree oil. I did laundry that was on the floor, removed all the undrunk teacups and sat back down to work. Imagine, I stopped to lay in the sunshine that was streaming through my window, a moment to rest my back, only to now fear resting ever again. I will never rest again. Until I can clean my room. I may actually, then, never rest again. (sound familiar at all in its hallucinatory proportions?). Ill have to change my sheets before sleeping here tonight though.
you were right, I couldn't have survived the cockroaches. nuf said.
back to work.
back to work
back to work...
the sun is down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

Never resting again--brave words. But you are more convincing than my conviction.
PS: loving sister has arranged my life so I can sleep on the couch EVERY NIGHT.
love,
Q

1:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home