Tuesday, October 12, 2004

October 12th catch up

-made my bed, sheets, blanket. Always bring something to sink into (pillow) or lanket…. Pictures!!!
Tuesday October 12th

First Night in My Place> even though I am weary of the honey-moon period, tonight I took a bath in a yellow tiled bathroom, with wooden paneling and white lighting and a curved roof painted white I played music and washed my hair. I discovered today that I hadn’t washed my hair in a few days. For all my searching to be With people, all I want is to settle in, and I think that will always take alone time. I have after all taken care of myself alone for years. I will not fade or crumble if no one knows I’m here. I feel myself slowly entering into another head space. I love my life. I look forward to waking up in the morning and seeing what it feels like and looks like. I look forward to buying coffee and bread and sitting on my terrace and looking out at the garden. So much so that I will fore-fit sleep. I am so ready for this. Even if the first two weeks are temporary I don’t care. I feel that I don’t care right this second, at least. I am looking forward to vacationing around/away, I am also looking forward to returning and settling in. so exciting. I love the garden down stairs, I love the 4 and2year old that live in the house of my collegue and land lord. I love my green bike that will be stationed in the rooms below this apartment. I love looking at the mountain as I ride my bike. I love the colour of the river. I love that today I reminded myself of myself. There was a woman walking with bags I asked her if she needed help. G is originally from Cameroon, and lives with her family in Geneva. Buying groceries is cheeper on the French side of the border, even if you have to walk over 20-30minutes with arms loaded and bags stretching out at their handles. I helped G carry bags to the border half carrying half leaning them on my bike- eventually we traded. At the frontiere or Douaine G kindly helped me figure out that no one cares that I have a work visa if I don’t intend to work anywhere else. I can leave france is what that means. Barcelona…Geneva…the world is exciting> this is such a privilege. I did a singing session called Circle-Songs with H. Weird that I was the youngest in the room but you wouldn’t necessarily know, or I didn’t necessarily feel it. Alright im faling the sleep. I am looking forward to this being surprisingly goood but I am going to hang onto a healthy dose of skepticism. It could be really lonely, but so will any place.


Rx,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home