Saturday, July 30, 2005

More double rainbow


More double rainbow
Originally uploaded by RLarocque.
I am in the north,
where the birch trees push out of the black, pink beige rock
where inukshooks line the highways
where I saw a strong rainbow that looked substantial. solid even as we entered in the pink after glow of a short storm
here were the sky is like it is over the ocean, flat bottomed billowy clouds,
fresh air
blue blue sky
green green trees...brush if you will
i hope i smell of
stars reflecting in dark river water
unmasked here where city after glow is limited to a corner of permanent sunset-rise off to the right.
I hope my skin will smell of the grass, dry adn prickly, wet and damp
of the sand
river water
and canoes
cousins and old childhood voices
real
in the centre
of
water
here where we came
to
heal
just for a few days...

I think the navel of the world ties me to this place
where my umbilical cord with all its potential creation was left...

1 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

build me an inukshuk so I know you've been there.
-Q

1:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home