Wednesday, August 10, 2005

full circles


Picture 067
Originally uploaded by DavidJS.

I am trying to let my self be enchanted and appreciative, let this city get just alittle under my skin while keeping a foot in rad-and hanging on to the ical,

so I am making an effort at looking into cracks, faded posters and drawing on conversatons...

and it comes, somtimes in the form of
magic in the city
...last week...
on travels and wanders
it has been the park fare
that has held my heart and captured
my imagination, my holdontothisnowfolater memory.
One day, begining a journey back...back to the brain numbing 'burbs...having skipped the subway to take my feet, to soak up the more intersting gumspattered side-walks
eyes a wandering
i heard drumbeats, after passing some statues and papermache creations in a park to the right of this image ...

the whole setting was turned on its side
my walk home slowed, dawdled,
savouring the people, the park
and when i left it, i did it reluctantly.
so reluctantly that when i heard the music, and then passed the performers-making-music who somehow matched the papermache from the park; made encouraging eyecontact, I did so with full intent to continue home (one of many)...
the sight of them turning the corner
tailcoats and presence going with them,

curiosity awakened
trying to follow but seem nonchalant, using the buildings and park path way as casual disguises...only to timidly sit at the tree line with the other big people, behind the line of children,un abashed at thier closeness to the performers...
and there, i heard a tale of Ovid
on a cooling evening, in a secret park
of a non discript toronto street, lined with little houses carrying pointed green rooves and little front porches...
an enclave in the cement.

it's all about the part-icles in the crack

the performance cycle, fittingly enough
was named: the space between...

full circles
credit for photo: david js on august 8...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home