Sunday, December 19, 2004

Northward migration--lift off


IMG_5894
Originally uploaded by pbinder.
Sunday was December 12th. It marked exactly my fourmonth anniversary in France. on Monday night three of the four language assistants came over and helped me finish the food inmy fridge, and chilled, and listened to music, and talked. While were are all very different, and i still feel kind of disconnected, it is a dynamic that i am alright with. I mean, after all, they did my dishes and cleaned my kitchen because they knew i was leaving the next day! I finished packing and sent them off. Monday was the 13th of december, the 3 month anniversary of my arrival into my house, and the eve of my leaving for my brief return home. Teachesr looked at me kindly, and i saw in thier eyes the reflection of my dark circles of sleeplessness and fatigue. My performances were much more subtle, they laughted at my french in thier happy vacation card. I left for my hollidays two days before they did. they can laugh. Monday and tuesday were burned through with winter songs (Let it snow)in 8 classes, and marked a progressive decline in my vocal strength as a cold started to sneek its way in. Monday was a Nuit Blanche #1. It also marked the begining of my run to paris that would take me flying into the arms of my lovedones my missed ones my dearones marked on every heartbeat, counting seconds minutes and every moment of a hurried cellphone call--have a safe trip i love you take care a bientot,and thank you-- five delayed hours in Washington (making for Nuit Blanche #2) and the remaining 1.5 hour flight and the 30 minute taxi that took me through the snow and street lamp lit scenery to the soundtrack of a conversation about syrian and persian food, until i found myself passing bernard and stopped on the street that has my foot prints, a piece of r's pants, and a fair amount of sweat and burned rubber and lost bustickets and tentative winter slips....finally I am left in the snow before the now familiar green door, and the bay window across the street that house piece of me flying into arms of loved ones.
i exist! ;)
how i have missed you.
Im home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home