Saturday, June 04, 2005

carrot_on_stick2


carrot_on_stick2
Originally uploaded by blueolive.
I was going to write about starry starry nights, or sitting on the bank of the river this morning after having raised myself from allergymed-sleep to witness the crack that dawn made (a little hard in the early morning white haze). The morning was met as i made my way to my most recent job hunting escapade (market working).

I think it looks like ill be comming back on the tenth of july.

i pondered this sitting on the banks of the river as i ate blue cheese from les causses (bought at my second market-job-hunt location of the morning).

Savouring this river bank, memories of a sandy one discovered on a hot september day, eating clover-leaf(right?) inspired cheese, and thinking of a fourleaf clover future
all the while evading my inevitable return up (in the immediate sense) the hill and to work (yes on a saturday, make up classes), when the humourous sign it was time for me to go arrived in the form of a discription of the basal ganglia (i was trying to sneek information into my head):

(oh--recall i am sitting on a milky green rivers edge in the fresh morning dreaming of past future and exhilirated i got my self out of bed to enjoy the present stolen moments of early morning)

'' It may be here that emotions and memories compete with present circumstances and thoughts for control of behaviour''

home august 1st, home july 10...

sigh

even better is the carrot i apparently tied to a stick to entice some forward movement:

read: tryign to allay future woe (or future 'woah!!') I wrote professors whose research interested me...in the department for women and gender studies...that i COULD try to apply to as masters student in conjunction with my program....that i need reference letters i dont have, and maybe i could do with at least more than intro to feminism to let them let me in...

i was ambiguous about my department in the letter and apparently that lead to this hopeful though possibly out of reach encouraging letter...

Welcome!

It's wonderful to hear that a graduate student with your interests and
skill sets is joining the department.

I'm currently conducting research on women's/ feminist organizations in
the G*r T*o A*a, and may well be able to employ you next term.

Why don't you email me to set up an appointment once you've arrived?

best,

too kind prof that maybe has inspired me--perhaps only in order to avoid embarassment-- to beg my way into a program--even if it takes 2 years

carrot cake or humble pie?

oh oh oh the muck i make

good muck bad muck
*uck *uck *uck...

hahahaha at least i keep it funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home